This air fryer Brussels sprouts recipe is made with bacon, diced red onion, soy sauce, and garlic to give a tasty blend. It’s a quick and easy side to pair with dinner tonight!
The combination of Brussels sprouts, bacon, onion, and garlic creates a savory and aromatic dish with a variety of flavors. The air frying method helps to achieve crispy Brussels sprouts while cooking the other ingredients to perfection. It’s a tasty and satisfying way to enjoy a flavorful vegetable dish.
Brussels sprouts are surprisingly nutritious but can have a bitter flavor if eaten plain. Something that helps counter that in this tasty dish is the addition of soy sauce.
In this air fryer recipe, the saltiness of the soy sauce helps balance the flavor, and to add a little extra pop of flavor I combined it with diced bacon and red onion. The red onion is caramelized and the crispy bacon gives a salty and tasty crunch. It’s the best way to serve Brussels sprouts!
This air fryer Brussels sprouts keto recipe is delicious with a hint of bacon and diced red onion. It falls in line with the keto diet by being low carb and having some protein and fat needed from the bacon.
Brussels sprouts also have a good amount of fiber to help aid with digestion and are all-around a healthy perfect side dish.
- Fresh Brussels Sprouts: Fresh Brussels sprouts are typically used for this recipe. They are trimmed and halved to ensure even cooking.
- Bacon: Crispy bacon adds a smoky and salty flavor to the Brussels sprouts. It is usually cooked separately and crumbled before being added to the dish.
- Red Onion: Onions provide a sweet and aromatic element to the dish.
- Soy Sauce: Adds a savory and salty flavor to this dish.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is used to coat the Brussels sprouts and help them crisp up in the air fryer.
- Minced Garlic: Garlic adds a pungent and savory flavor.
How to Make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Rinse, trim, and slice Brussels sprouts in half.
- Dice red onion and bacon.
- In a large bowl, mix soy sauce, oil, and minced garlic. Mix all ingredients together.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil and add Brussels sprouts, onion, and bacon. Set the temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and set the cooking time for 14 minutes, stirring halfway. The outer leaves should be golden brown with caramelized edges to make crispy Brussels sprouts.
Enjoy your crispy Brussels sprouts with the flavorful addition of bacon!
What to Serve with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
To keep it keto (low-carb, moderate protein, high fat) I recommend any of these recipes with your Brussels sprouts: Air Fryer Steak, Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Crusted Salmon, One-Pan Asparagus Stuffed Chicken, or Air Fryer Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 to 5 days.
If you want to extend their shelf life further, you can also freeze cooked Brussels sprouts. Freezing them can allow them to last for several months.
To freeze cooked Brussels sprouts, place them in airtight freezer bags or containers, making sure to remove as much air as possible before sealing.
Properly frozen Brussels sprouts can maintain their quality for up to 10 to 12 months in the freezer.
Recommended Air Fryer Recipes
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Broccoli with Mushrooms and Onions
- Buffalo Cauliflower
- Carrots, Green Beans, Mushrooms, and Bacon
- Pork Tenderloin Medallions Wrapped in Bacon
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Chefman 3.6 Quart Air Fryer
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 2 slices Bacon
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ tablespoon Minced Garlic
- Rinse Brussels sprouts and trim ends, then slice in half on the long edge and place in a bowl.
- Dice red onion and bacon and add to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, oil, and minced garlic. Toss Brussels sprouts with sauce mixture.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil and add Brussels sprouts, onion, and bacon. Set the temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer to 7 minutes. Once the timer goes off, stir, and cook an additional 7-8 minutes until the Brussels sprouts are cooked through and the edges are browned.