Crispy air fryer bacon-wrapped asparagus is perfect as an appetizer for parties or for a side dish during the holidays. They’re also perfect for grilling at summer barbecues!
Bacon-wrapped asparagus sure looks fancy, but is easy to put together!
Do you have bacon? Do you have your asparagus?
All you have to do is wrap them together! Those are the only two ingredients needed for bacon-wrapped asparagus.
You can season them with salt and pepper if you prefer, but the bacon gives it enough of a salty flavor for my personal taste.
You can cook them with a variety of cookware and I have included cook times and temperatures for all of them – not just the air fryer!
Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus Ingredients
- Bacon Slices
There’s no preheating involved with the air fryer for this recipe.
Spray the inside basket with olive oil (with a non-aerosol spray bottle) or rub it with coconut oil, place your bacon-wrapped asparagus bundles inside in an even single layer, and set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
Flip them, and set the timer for an additional 5 minutes.
Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 18-20 minutes. After that, it’s best to broil them for 1-2 minutes so the bacon gets crispy.
Get the grill to a medium temperature, lightly oil the grates, and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning a few times for even cooking.
Instead of placing them directly on the grates, I like to use grill sheets. They get the bacon nice and crispy!
George Foreman Grill
If it’s cold where you’re at right now or you don’t have an outdoor grill, have no fear! You can cook the bacon-wrapped asparagus bundles on your George Foreman Grill.
Allow the George Foreman grill to preheat, add the bundles in a single layer, and cook for 3-4 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
Is asparagus keto?
Yes, it is! Asparagus has 2 grams of net carbs per cup.
In fact, asparagus has many nutrients and very few calories as well.
It contains folate (for cell growth), vitamin K (aids in blood clotting and bone health), fiber (digestion), antioxidants, and potassium (prevents muscle cramps and lowers blood pressure.)
Air fryer bacon-wrapped asparagus is keto. Of course, everything is in moderation.
While about 40% of bacon is saturated fat, 50% is monounsaturated which is a healthy fat found in olive oils, avocados, and certain types of nuts.
Recommended Air Fryer Recipes
- 50 Best Air Fryer Recipes
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Juicy Steak
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Thick and Crispy Bacon
Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Chefman 3.6 Quart Air Fryer
- George Foreman Grill and Panini Press
- Grill Mats – Set of 5
- 1 pound Thin Asparagus Spears
- 8 Slices of Bacon
- Rinse asparagus and trim the woody ends. Place asparagus in bundles of three and wrap with uncooked bacon slices from top to bottom. Tuck the ends of the bacon underneath the asparagus to keep it in place.
Air Fryer Cooking Method
- Follow the above prep instructions. Spray air fryer basket with oil spray. Place asparagus bundles into the basket in an even single layer. Set the temperature to 400 degrees and cook for 5 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
George Foreman Grill
- Follow the above prep instructions. Preheat George Foreman Grill and make sure the collection tray is at the bottom for the bacon grease. Once hot, add bacon-wrapped asparagus and close the lid. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes until bacon is crispy.
Oven Cooking Method
- Follow the above prep instructions. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet by either using a wire rack over a pan (to allow bacon grease to drip) or use aluminum foil. Place bacon-wrapped asparagus on prepared pan.
- Roast in the oven for 18-20 minutes, flipping halfway. To get bacon crisper, turn the broiler for 1-2 minutes. Watch the bacon carefully, as the broiler can quickly burn food.
Grill Cooking Method
- Follow the above prep instructions. Set grill to medium heat. Lightly oil grill grates or use grill sheets. Place bacon-wrapped asparagus on the grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping a few times for even cooking.